Abandoned and Emergency Bicycle Removal Program
In an effort to keep UIC safe and clean, university staff has the authority to remove abandoned bicycles or issue an emergency bicycle removal in case a safety hazard is presented.
What constitutes an abandoned bicycle?
• Significantly rusted
• Left in one place for more than 30 Days
What constitutes an emergency safety hazard?
• Deemed to be am emergency hazard by the UIC police or Environmental Health and Safety staff
• Attached within a wheelchair ramp
• Blocking a pathway/building entrance
• Impeding emergency services
What constitutes a potential safety hazard?
• Deemed to be a potential hazard by the UIC police or Environmental Health and Safety staff
• Attached to a stairwell handrail
• Attached inside of a building
• Locked in an unauthorized location
• Impedes care & maintenance of grounds